Exciting New Faces at GCHS

Isabella Milone

Four new teachers look to enhance GCHS this year.

Brenda Evans teaches English 9 and English 11, and she has been teaching for seven years.  Evans is looking forward to teaching here.  “I love it here because of the feeling of having an impact on the lives of everyone in the community as a teacher in Glenwood where I also live,” she said. “It feels good to be part of the Ramily!”

Two of her goals this year are to have a great time teaching and to get to know her students a little more.

Evans most recently taught in California and enjoys traveling all over the globe. Recently, she visited The Vatican in Rome.

Kyle Gerdes teaches Biology and Medical Interventions, and has previously taught for three years in Le Mars, Iowa.

Gerdes went to Sioux City’s Briar Cliff University in Iowa and hopes to “develop great relationships with my students and peers here at Glenwood.”

Some of his hobbies include fishing, golfing, and hunting.

First year teacher, Quinn Groff, attended Morningside College in Sioux City, Iowa, and teaches Physics, Physical Science, and Principles of Technology. Physics is Groff’s favorite.

Groff enjoys the outdoors, watching sporting events, and running.  Groff strives “to have a great year and have my students be successful.”

Special Education teacher Ryan Koch co-teaches many subjects including Algebra II, Physical Science, Geometry, and Math Strategies. He has been teaching for seven years at Glenwood, and for about 20 years total. Students may recognize him from the middle school.

“Glenwood is a great environment,” he said. “They give you kids a lot of independance and have high expectations for you. It is a great community.”

Koch lives to fish and spend time with his daughter.