Boys Golf Season Coming to an End

Senior+Ben+Hughes+looks+to+sink+his+put.+

Photo by Ed Harding

Senior Ben Hughes looks to sink his put.

Trinity Kahl, Co Feature Editor

The boys’ golf team has had a solid season so far with a combined adjusted average of 189.76.

Their most recent match against Shenandoah was won 175 to 201.

They started their season by setting goals and working to meet them.

The goal for our final meet which is sectionals is to have our top 4 scorers shoot in the 80s or lower to give us the best chance at succeding.” said sophomore Gavin Schau.

The team has continued to improve their scores throughout the year with their seasons best being a nine-hole score is a 175 and a 18 hole score best is 356.

Coach Bryan Diekmann shared his highlight of the season. “I liked seeing the players find success as they continue to learn and grow their golf games.” Said Diekman.

Diekman started of their season with three goals for the team: first building confidence and working on becoming aggressive; Second, becoming more knowledgeable of the rules/etiquette and third, Improving their putting.

“Overall there was growth as a team in all three areas” said Diekmann. 

As their season wraps up, players are begging to look back at their highlights of their season. 

“The highlights of my last three meets have been just being around the guys and having fun,” said senior Ben Hughes. “There is never a dull moment with our golf team, everyone is always having fun and I think that’s what matters most.”

The team ended their season scoring 6th place in the boy’s Hawkeye 10 Golf Conference.