Boys’ Soccer Season Going Strong

Glenwood RAMS

Junior Collin Lincoln soars through the air to headbutt the ball. Photo provided by the RAMS Facebook page.

Claire Hunt, Reporter

The boys’ soccer team has started their season off strong with a 3-5 record.

On April 19 the team celebrated a victory against Atlantic with a score of 10-0 and a loss against Sioux City with a score of 5-2.

The Rams grew from their loss against Sioux City and gained more experience from the game. 

Our last game we played Sioux City North. We came out slow and ended up losing but learned from it,” said junior Jade Nanfito.

The player’s hard work and dedication shine through as they continue to give their full effort to the game. Many of the players have goals for the remainder of the 2021 soccer season. 

Some goals of mine are to have a winning season and to make it to the 2A Soccer State Tournament,” said junior Collin Lincoln. 

The teammates also hope to finish the season off strong.

“For the remainder of the season, our goal is to win out and allow no more than two goals per game,” said Nanfito.

Players in a team sport like soccer learn valuable lessons like how to work together. 

“I’ve learned how to be a leader, but I’ve also been able to learn from other players to make myself and my team better,” said sophomore Caden Johnson.

So far the Rams have a record of 2-1 in the Hawkeye 10 Conference. 

This week the Rams will play Tri-Center on Tuesday, St. Albert on Thursday, and Missouri Valley on Friday.