Students Inducted Into National Honor Society

Claire Hunt, Reporter

National Honor Society is an organization consisting of scholars with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and no less than 30 service hours. An application process proceeds selection.

In addition to these requirements, each student should be free of any disciplinary referrals and must have two positive recommendation letters from their teachers. 

The application process for NHS includes two short essays speaking on the individual students’ leadership and character. The application spotlights the student’s involvement in their school and community. 

Upon completion of the application process, a group of faculty members blindly score each application from a set rubric. The applicant must receive a minimum number of points in order to be considered for the group. 

Failure to maintain good grades or receiving disciplinary referrals will result in the loss of the student’s membership.

New inductees of the NHS include juniors Lillie Albers, Brynlee Arnold, Madison Bahr, Alissa Brummer, Harbour Buchanan, Kamryn Crouch, Dana Cutshall, Mackenzie Fichter, Jayme Fritts, Isabel Griffin, Abigail Hughes, Joseph Jaworski, Kennedy Jones, Bailey Keller, Molly Killion, Carter Kirsch, Sarra Leath, Collin Lincoln, Ian Lorson, Jacob Mitchell, Jade Nanfito, Tye Nebel, Joshua Nieman, Thomas Nieman, Grace Nightser, Adalyn Oetter, Lauren Roenfeldt, Grant Von Essen, Riley Wiese, and Audrey Zielstra.