Girls’ Soccer Team has a Strong Team for the Season

Cole Lewis, Sports Editor

Girls’ soccer team prepares for their big first game of the season. 

Head Coach Amy Benson has big goals for the soccer team this season.

“First, we will remember that things can change at any time so we are not going to take anything for granted,” said Benson. “Goals include making it to the regional final and then hopefully state.”

The players also have their own personal goals for this season.  

My goal for the season is to prepare to play at the highest level in college,” said senior Larissa Pelley.

There are eight seniors on the team playing their last season of soccer. 

Not being able to play last year makes this season mean so much more, I think this team has a great chemistry and I have seen so many new relationships form already,” said senior Cameryn Young. 

The 34 team members consist of freshmen Faith Weber, Makenna Koehler, Julia Nighster, Liberty Williams, Lydia Fouss, Ava Scott and Jordin Acosta; sophomores Makayna McCrave, Nora Dougherty, Emerson Griffin, Alaina Meads, Anna Lunning, Hallee Lincoln, Ryley Nebel, Ashley Aust, Chloe Pierce, Morgan Barrett, Paige Razor, and Molly Williams; juniors Lauren Roendfeldt, Madison Barrett, Isabel Griffin, Grace Nightser, Alyssa Fauble, Lacee Malcolm, and Alissa Brummer; seniors Shayla Pierce, Avery Blasdel, Erin Schultz, Jayling Woodward, Young, Pelley, Kelly Embray, and Savanna Renshaw; managers are senior Bree Severn, junior Bailey Kelly, and sophomore Morgan Endicott.

The team will have their first game April 5 on the road against Sioux City East.