Sport Announcement for Glenwood from Jeff Bissen

Cole Lewis, Sports Editor

Parents & Staff,

Below is the latest guidance from the State Associations based on the Governor’s proclamation in regards to sports/activities.

https://www.iahsaa.org/covid-19-guidance-winter-2020-21/

We will continue to update our guidance at Glenwood as well as our H-10 conference guidance to comply with all the guidance and expectations. We know this is a fluid situation and will hold off on releasing our guidance until December 1st.

At the current time, all youth/middle school activities are shut down through December 10th. High School activities are set to resume on November 25th.

The following bullet points are a summary of the guidance released to us:

• No more than two spectators for each student-athlete, performer, or competitor participating in the gathering. 
    • Spectators may only be present during the time that student-athlete or their team is participating in an event.
    • Spouses and families of coaches are not currently included as qualifying for two spectators per athlete.
    • Supervising administrators may attend, but no additional spectators may accompany them.
    • Dance, Cheer & Pep Band’s are allowed to perform. They would be required to wear masks per total gathering limitations and would be required to properly social distance from others in attendance. Those groups are not allowed 2 spectators to watch as they are not the sporting event’s participants.
    • Gathering organizers and spectators must ensure at least six feet of physical distance between each group of spectators.
    • All spectators over the age of two must wear a mask or other face-covering for all gatherings.
    • Two spectators are permitted for each athletic participant in an event. Separate games are separate gatherings. Spectators need to leave or wait to arrive, as applicable, unless they are also one of the two spectators for an athletic participant. If a spectator has a student-athlete competing in a first event and another competing in a later event, the spectator may remain at the facility once they are there.  

Some schedules have been changed and will continue to change due to the shutdown.

All our winter schedules continue to be linked to my weekly ad email that is sent out each Sunday and can also be found below.

If you wish to have your email added to the listserve to get my Sunday weekly updates/emails from the HS Activities Office, please let me know.

Varsity Wrestling

Click here for the latest schedule

JV Wrestling

Click here for the latest schedule

MS Wrestling

Click here for the latest schedule

Varsity Girls basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

JV Girls Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

9th Girls Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

8th Girls Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

7th Girls Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

Varsity Boys Basketball 

Click here for the latest schedule

JV Boys Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

9th Boys Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

8th Boys Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

7th Boys Basketball

Click here for the latest schedule

Boys Swimming

Click here for the latest schedule

Thanks for your understanding, flexibility, and patience as we work with the guidance we are giving while adhering to our own policies to ensure the safety of all students & spectators.

Thanks!