Athlete Spotlight: Q & A with Grace Boles

Provided by Jeff Bissen

Grace boles has already broken a school record and is looking to continue to excel.

Cole Lewis, Sports Editor

Grace Boles is a senior on the co-conference of the Glenwood Rams Volleyball team. Boles has made many improvements and friends through her high school career.  She has made records at Glenwood that will live forever in Glenwood.

Why do you love this sport so much?

¨I love this sport because I love being a part of a team. There are so many life skills that can be learned from being part of a team sport.¨

How much does your team impact you and your success on the court?

¨My whole team is critical to my success. I may run the offense but I am also the middle man. I wouldn’t be able to get good sets to my hitters if it wasn’t for the good passes I receive from my back row. Also, I would have all the assists that I have without all of my talented hitters.¨

Which people help you out the most while on the court?

¨My success depends a lot on my team, and I would not be able to be where I am without every member of my team.¨

How excited will you be if you go to state two years in a row? How much of a chance do you think this year´s team has to go to state again?

¨I would be extremely happy if we could return to state again, especially since it would only be the second time in school history. We are already a record-breaking team and we have a lot of trust in each other so I think our chances are pretty good but it definitely will be a battle.¨

Even though this season has been completely different because of COVID-19, what has been your favorite moment of this season?

¨My favorite moment of the season isn’t necessarily a specific moment. But my favorite part about this season is how close the team has grown and how much confidence we have gained. We have a lot of fun together and that is an important part of our success.¨

What other sports or activities will you be participating in this year?

¨I plan to go out for soccer, and I am involved in Reach SADD and NHS. I also play club volleyball outside of school.¨

What are you planning on doing after high school?

¨After high school I plan to attend college and study pre-chiropractic medicine. I plan on playing volleyball but I am still choosing between a couple of schools so I have not decided what college I will be attending.¨