Glenwood Rams Football Team Ready for Playoffs

Provided by Monica Mayberry

Sophomore quarterback Tate Mayberry is leading his squad to a playoff game at home against the Norwalk Warriors

Cole Lewis, Sports Editor

The Glenwood Rams Football team is extremely ready for their first playoff game. Head Coach Cory Faust is excited for his team to once make it to the playoffs. 

The Rams take the field at home to go up against the Norwalk Warriors.

¨If we control everything we can control – namely attitude and effort, and give it our best shot, we can compete with and beat anyone,¨ said Faust. ¨If we don’t do those things, we can lose on the scoreboard to anyone. This week is no different.  It will be fun to see what we can do.¨

The team has some really great weapons on the offensive side this year including seniors Ryan Blum and Silas Bales both are performing well in their last high school season.

¨Being able to play in any playoff game is a blessing in itself,¨ said Blum. ¨But first we need to take care of Norwalk knowing they are a great team, so we must come ready to play. Playing Lewis Central would be awesome if it all works out.¨

Earlier this season the rams played Lewis Central on homecoming and the team wasn’t happy with the ending of that game. If they beat Norwalk they will look for revenge against the Lewis Central Titans.

¨It’s the revenge tour,¨ said Bales. ¨This week if everyone can do their job and play aggressive football we have a great game plan to take out Norwalk. We like to play one game seasons, so right now our only season in Norwalk. When the time comes for LC we will be more prepared than ever.¨

The team is looking forward to playing the Norwalk Warriors tonight at Ram Memorial Stadium.