Superintendant Embray Announcement 4/1

Photo+of+the+COVID-19+virus.+Photo+from+Live+Science.+

Photo of the COVID-19 virus. Photo from Live Science.

Isabella Milone, Co-Editor in Chief

The following is an announcement from Superintendant Embray dated April 1:

We continue to work with our local and state partners to provide lunches and breakfasts to our students and to also keep childcare options open for critical role employees.  At this time we will keep those services open and want to thank our employees for their dedication to providing this necessity to our students and families at this time.  We will continue to provide social-emotional resources for families as we journey forward.  Currently, no decision has been made regarding elearning.  The State Department of Education will be coming out with further guidance tomorrow and that information is critical to our decision.

Yesterday, we sent out an update letting families know that the playgrounds at our schools are now closed until further notice.  Starting Thursday April 2, 2020, the Tennis Courts and Activities Complex are no longer open to students for workouts.  The complex is open to the public to walk/run in lanes 5-8 through April 7, 2020 as long as social distancing can be maintained.  At that time, the Complex will be shut down to the entire Community for completion of the project.  We hope to have most of the new and rework completed by the end of April.  We know this will cause a strain, but due to the safety issues around the different areas needing work, we need to close the complex for that purpose.

Please continue to social distance and practice increased hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes.