Lady Rams Make State

Lady Rams' at State Provided by ; Morgan Stanislav

Kimberlie Gray, Reporter

Lady Rams’ basketball went 24 – 0, earning them a trip to state. 

March 3 the Rams played Gilbert at Wells Fargo Arena and fought hard to stay in the lead, and ended up winning the game 89 – 75. Both Hopp and Camden scored an outstanding 21 points each during the game. 

Sophomores Abby Hughes and Coryl Matheny both shot 8 amazing free throws. With Camden and Scarborough making 7 points a piece. 

On March 5th, the Rams played Lewis Central and the Wells Fargo Arena, and ended up losing 51-62 after fighting hard. 

I think that the game against LC was a little tough, we simply weren’t playing our best basketball, and that hurt us, but we never gave up and we had fun out there, and that’s all that matters,” said sophomore Brynlee Arnold.

The Rams fought hard and by half time they were 21- 24. Junior Elle Scarborough led the team in points scoring 12, with sophomore Madison Camden and freshmen Jenna Hopp closely following with 9 points each. Camden led the team in defensive rebounds having 6, Scarborough and Arnold following with 5 points each.

It’s so crazy to think about how far we’ve come from that game to making it to state,” said sophomore Kennedy Jones. 

Arnold was named Honorable Mention All H-10, Matheny was also named Honorable Mention All H-10, Hopp was named 2nd Team All H-10, Camden was named 1st Team All H-10, Scarborough was also named 1st Team All H-10.

The team felt their season went strongly, and they ended off with a great season overall.