Lady Rams Conference Champs

Sophomore Brynlee Arnold shooting a free throw against the Knights. Photo taken by Donovin Erickson.

Anna Lunning, Reporter

The Lady Rams’ Basketball team is conference champs this season, going 20-0 in the regular season. The team is working hard to finish on top.

The Girls Basketball team has high goals for the next few games.

“I think we’re undefeated because we work really hard, and as a team I think we do a good job staying humble,” said junior Emma Hughes. “After losing in the final regional game last year it made everyone hungry to have success and get to state this year.”

Another reason why the girl’s team is doing so well is because of their teamwork and how well they get along with each other.

“There is no drama,” said junior Elle Scarborough. “And we have very good chemistry.”

February 8, the Lady Rams stayed at home and crushed Maryville (59-37). Freshman Jenna Hopp added 22 points to the scoreboard. Scarborough followed Hopp, scoring 12 points.

On February 7, the Lady Rams defeated Saint Albert with a score of 79-57. Sophomore Camden Madison scored the most points, adding 20 points to the scoreboard. Scarborough added 14 points to the scoreboard. 

February 4, the Lady Rams defeated Shenandoah at home (70-36). Camden added the most points to the scoreboard, scoring 23 points. Sophomore Coryl Matheny followed Camden, with 17 points.

The Lady Rams beat Treynor on February 3 with a score of 57-16. Junior Elle Scarborough scored 14 points, sophomore Brynlee Arnold followed Scarborough, adding eight points to the scoreboard.

January 30, the Lady Rams travelled to Atlantic and defeated the Trojans (80-50). Hopp and Camden scored the most points throughout the game, both with 14 points.

January 28, the Lady Rams won the game against the Panthers at home (87-46). Camden added 30 points to the scoreboard, scoring the most points. Sophomore Abby Hughes followed Camden with adding 15 points to the scoreboard.

The Lady Rams travelled to Red Oak on January 24, defeating them 95-67.  Camden once again led the team by scoring 30 points throughout the game. Scarborough added 23 points to the scoreboard.

The Lady Rams crushed Kuemper Catholic (76-36) at home January 16. Camden and Hopp once again tied for the most points scored throughout the game, both scored 14 points. Junior Emma Hughes added 11 more points to the scoreboard throughout the game. 

The girls next Basketball game is February 11 at Shenandoah.