Boys Swimming Preparing for Districts

Freshman Patrick Chase finishing the 100-yard freestyle event. Photo provided by Patrick Chase

Isabella Milone, Co- Editor in Chief

The boys swim season officially kicked off November 11, and the boys have since gone 4-3 in their dual meets leading into the district meet. 

Junior Dylon Cox and freshman Patrick Chase are the two Glenwood members of the Lewis Central swim team this season. The boys travel to Lewis Central every day after school to practice with swimmers from Lewis Central and other schools that compete for the Lewis Central swim team.  

The team has cut a large amount of time off of all of our events so far,” said Chase. “We’ve been working very hard, this week especially, for Districts.” 

A typical swim practice consists of a mile of warm up, a mainset of distance swimming, a second mainset of sprinting, stroke warm up followed by a stroke sprint set, then sprinting starts off of the starting blocks. Leading up to districts, the boys practice and fine tune the events they are going to swim at the competition. 

“I am swimming the 200-yard medley relay, 50-yard freestyle and the 200 yard freestyle relay,” said Chase. 

Cox said, “I am swimming the the 200 Medley Relay, 100 Fly and 400 Free Relay at Districts.” 

Cox, Chase and the rest of the Lewis Central swim team will compete at Districts on Saturday, February 8 in Johnston.