FCCLA Competes at Nationals

Junior+Cheyanne+Groom+and+senior+Ashley+Johnson+at+FCCLA+Nationals.+Photo+provided+by+Bree+Severn.+

FCCLA Competes at Nationals

Junior Cheyanne Groom and senior Ashley Johnson at FCCLA Nationals. Photo provided by Bree Severn.

Makenzie Mathews, Contributor

Family Career and Community Leaders of America  (FCCLA) took 14 Glenwood students to Anaheim, California this summer to compete at nationals. As a group FCCLA received four golds and three silvers. 

FCCLA advisor Janis Moore said “this organization is an integral part of the family consumer science program and applies the knowledge from this program to real life.” 

Being involved in a community outreach program is important and many enjoy being apart of this program. 

Juniors Bree Severn and Maggie Begbie took their Chapter Service Project Portfolio to Nationals

“It was one of the best trips I have ever had, exploring the city of Los Angeles, Disneyland and having a blast at Huntington Beach,” said Severn. 

Severn would also love for more students to join FCCLA. The atmosphere of being in this club has helped her develop many skills for her future. Begbie agrees with Severns opinion about the importance of FCCLA. 

“I would definitely recommend FCCLA,” said Begbie. “You learn skills like public speaking, time management, organization and how to help others. This organization truly prepares you for the real world.” 

Moore is very influential in each FCCLA members lives. She has been the sponsor for FCCLA for her entire career here at Glenwood.