Girls’ Swim Team Looks to Improve

Senior+Isabella+Milone+swimming+the+100+backstroke.+

Girls’ Swim Team Looks to Improve

Senior Isabella Milone swimming the 100 backstroke.

Dylan Engel, Contributor

The Lewis Central Girls’ Swim Team started off their season with a loss to Carroll, but came back with a win against the Abraham Lincoln Lynx in a dual meet. The Lady Titans plan on going strong the whole year. 

Glenwood swimmers compete alongside Lewis Central because Glenwood does not have a competitive pool that is accessible during the fall and winter. The girls have high hopes for a successful season.

We have about 20 swimmers, which is still considered small, but we are small and mighty,” said senior Isabella Milone. “Not a single team member slacks off during practice, and I believe that all the hard work we put in will pay off.”

Each swimmer has their own goals for this season.

“My goals for this season are to qualify for state in the 100 backstroke, and to also qualify for state in the 200 medley relay,” said Milone.

Each team member has their own opinion about the team.

“I would say our team is really good, not just competitively but also as a team in general, we are all very supportive of each other and all get along really well,” said senior Breanna Epperson.

Freshman Anna Lunning shares Epperson’s positive attitude and thinks Lewis Central is misunderstood by Ram fans.

“Our swim team is amazing, I have never met so many nice people,”said Lunning.  “I really think we need to change our perspective of L.C.” 

The swim team will travel to Abraham Lincoln October 2 for their next meet.

The Glenwood portion of the Lewis Central swim team consists of seniors Isabella Milone and Breanna Epperson, junior Emma Hughes, and freshman Kathryn Graham, Shannon Marley, Anna Lunning and Trinity Kayl.