Two Games In, Rams Undefeated

Senior+Cole+Mayberry+running+for+a+60+yard+touchdown+against+Heelan+Catholic.+

Two Games In, Rams Undefeated

Senior Cole Mayberry running for a 60 yard touchdown against Heelan Catholic.

Justin Schnurr

Justin Schnurr

Justin Schnurr

Felix Cooper, Editor

The Glenwood Rams stood tall on the Lewis Central field on Friday, August 30 against Carroll and won 44-28 Rams, then took a definitive win against Bishop Heelan soon the following Friday, September 6. The final score was 17-0 Rams, with 12 of the winning points scored by Senior linebacker/tight-end Colton Mayberry. Sophomore kicker Brock Sell also scored 5 points for the Rams.

Back on the homefront, though the new sports complex still awaits completion and having only practiced on it once, the Rams football team is eager to play their first game on its turf.

“The new complex looks amazing,” Mayberry said. “I’m excited to play on it.”

The Rams practice hard four days a week from 3:30 to anywhere between 6-8 to prepare for the next season. Rigorous summer workouts have kept the players sharp over the break and practice has been running since the second week of August. 

“I think when it comes to preparation, myself and the team is ready for this season,” said Mayberry. “We’re by no means perfect, but we’re taking steps in the right direction every day.”

Head Coach Cory Faust has nothing but praise for his team’s performance so far.

“Of course our main goal is to keep improving and be the best team we can be each Friday night,” said Faust. “If we do that, winning takes care of itself. Every team we play is very good themselves, and we love the opportunity to compete against the best.” 

The Rams plan to continue their current winning streak as they travel to Carroll to face Kuemper Catholic Friday, September 13.