Weights Instructor Becomes Assistant Principal

Previous weights teacher now Assistant Principal, Cory Faust

Tanner Williams, Entertainment Editor

Previously a weights instructor and football coach for the GHS, Cory Faust has  taken on the role of assistant principal and wishes to make a difference in the lives of the students and staff. He graduated from Central College and earned a master’s degree from the University of South Dakota.

Faust took on many different teaching roles over the years. He taught at AHSTW (Avoca, Hancock, Shelby, Tennant, and Walnut) community school district in Avoca for about ten and a half years. 

After having spent seven years here coaching, as the new Assistant Principal Faust will help manage school culture and discipline, supporting students and staff and help improving our building wide practices for his eighth year. 

Faust was originally hired as the head football coach and tasked with turning the then struggling program around. He also wanted to teach and coach at a larger school district. 

When he is not teaching and coaching, Faust spends his time with his family. “I have three children and an awesome wife,” said Faust. “They are the highlight of every day for me.”

Faust was raised in Greenfield Iowa, which is now a part of Nodaway Valley Community Schools and includes the towns of Bridgewater and Fontenelle. 

He is looking forward to his time as the assistant principal here at the high school and can’t wait to get started on making the environment around the building as great as it can be.