New Director of School Improvement Hired

New Director of School Improvement, Chad Lang.

Lang, Chad

Isabella Milone, Copy Editor

A district administrator position has been opened and filled by Doctor Chad Lang. The official title of this role is the Director of School Improvement. 

Students should know that in this role I am constantly working ‘behind the scenes’ so-to-speak to support our teaching and learning practices in the area of assessment, instruction, and curriculum,” said Lang. “I work to facilitate professional development for our staff, analyze our school achievement data, engage in strategic planning for the future, ensure compliance to state and federal requirements, and support our school administrators.” 

Lang hopes to get to know all the students, parents, and the community of Glenwood High School. 

“I expect for Glenwood Community School District to continue to grow and lead as a beacon of high-quality teaching and learning, and I look forward to being a part of that culture,” Lang said. “I value respect for all learners, promoting and creating rigor within the curriculum, and challenging students to be analytical.”

Lang believes Glenwood to be a leader in current educational practices, which is one of the motives for his family to return to Iowa.

My family chose Glenwood as our new home for a number of reasons,” said Lang. “First, my wife and I are Iowa natives and we love the state of Iowa. We lived in Missouri since 2007, and have always looked for the opportunity to come back ‘home.’ Second, Glenwood represents the values and beliefs that align with what our family believes is critical in education.  We feel Glenwood is considered a leader in research-based educational practices not only in Southwest Iowa but all of Iowa, and that is exciting to be a part of both as an employee but also as a parent in the district.” 

Lang has been teaching for 15 years. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Iowa, a master’s degree from William Woods University and his doctorate degree (Ed.D) from the University of Missouri. 

“I student-taught in the U.S. Virgin Islands at St. Croix Country Day School and at Sioux City West,” said Lang. “I taught high school world history, American history, Advanced Placement Human Geography, and Government at Dubuque Hempstead, Civics and American history at Kirksville HS in Missouri, and American history, A.P. Government, Government, The Law & You, and Sociology at Excelsior Springs High School in Missouri. 

Lang was also a District Activities Director and an assistant middle school principal in Lawson, Missouri for the last six years. 

“During that time I have taught online for the University of Missouri High School for students enrolled in Brazil, and as an adjunct professor in the graduate school of education at William Woods University,” Lang said. 

In his free time, Lang enjoys boating in the Lake of the Ozarks, traveling, hiking, and golfing.