More Emotional Guidance Available to Students

New Social Emotional Learning Liaison, Michelle Fluckey.

Isabella Milone, Copy Editor

A new position has been created at the high school, known as the Social Emotional Learning Liaison, which is held by Michelle Fluckey. 

“I am here to help students manage the stress and conflict that happens in high school,” said Fluckey. “We are hoping to do some small student groups at some point during the school year. Students or teachers can reach me by email or just stop in my room anytime.” 

This is Fluckey’s first time working in a school district. She previously worked for Clear Mind Therapy and occasionally visited the Alternative High School to lead groups of students in discussions. 

“I chose to come to Glenwood because I enjoyed working at the Alternative school last year and getting to work with the students there,” said Fluckey. “I also chose Glenwood because I am excited with the new SEL program within the district and its potential.”

In her free time, Fluckey enjoys many hobbies. 

“I enjoy spending time with my friends and family,” said Fluckey. “I usually go rocking climbing a couple times a week with my fiance as well.” 

Fluckey obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies and Psychology from Nebraska Wesleyan and her Masters in Social Work from the University of Nebraska Omaha. 

“I just want students to enjoy coming to school and be able to succeed, I also hope that students can see school as a safe place where they can learn and ask for help,” said Fluckey.