Loeffelbein Takes on New Role

Loeffelbein+teaching+in+his+Discrete+Math+and+Statistic+class.+

Loeffelbein Takes on New Role

Loeffelbein teaching in his Discrete Math and Statistic class.

Photo by: Lillian Becker

Photo by: Lillian Becker

Photo by: Lillian Becker

Lillian Becker, Editor in Chief

Previously known for teaching math, Instructor Barry Loeffelbein is now teaching Principles of Engineering and Intro to Engineering but keeping his passion alive by teaching Discrete Math and Statistics. 

Loeffelbein is not a new teacher to Glenwood High School. He has been teaching at Glenwood since 2003. 

The friendly community at Glenwood is what Loeffelbein loves about his job. 

“I really enjoy working with the staff here in Glenwood,” said Loeffelbein. “I love the small town atmosphere.”

Loeffelbein and his wife, High School Guidance Counselor Kathleen Loeffelbein, have three sons. Their oldest son Grant has a construction business in South Dakota, their middle son Heath is a construction superintendent in Omaha, and their youngest Cole is studying to be a firefighter at Kirkwood University. Together they own one horse named Red and one very pregnant dog named Remy. Within two weeks the Loeffelbein household will be caring for twelve labrador puppies. 

Loeffelbein is an assistant varsity coach for the Glenwood High School football team. He has many hobbies he enjoys outside of teaching and coaching at Glenwood. 

I like the outdoors. I go hunting, fishing, and I like to work in the garden,” said Loeffelbein. “I enjoy all kinds of sports as well.” 

Loeffelbein graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a degree in secondary education with a mathematics endorsement.