FFA Participates at State

FFA+members+at+the+State+Competition.+

FFA Participates at State

FFA members at the State Competition.

FFA members at the State Competition.

FFA members at the State Competition.

FFA members at the State Competition.

Lillian Becker, Feature Editor

FFA competed at the State Competition April 14-16 at Iowa State University’s Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa. Glenwood students Senior Erica Knott and Jordyn Miller; Junior Harlen Wetterlund and Freshman Harbour Buchanan were selected to attend.

The theme for the convention this year was ‘Just One’, which implies that FFA members can make their voice heard by educating others on the importance of agriculture and growing resources in the food, fiber and natural resources industry as it impacts the quality of life.

Wetterlund and Knott were delegates selected for the business section. During the conference, they voted on yearly items and made motions for the ones they believe will benefit FFA.

Jordyn Miller participated in the Teach Ag Ed movement and attended workshops to help promote agriculture and the need for teachers in the industry. Buchanan was selected to play the oboe in the FFA State Band. The band performed five songs at two different sessions.

Jordyn Miller was awarded the Glenwood FFA award on stage at the first general session on Monday. The Glenwood FFA award recognizes Jordyn Miller for her commitment to the ambassador program.

Advisor Jessica Miller enjoys working with students involved in FFA.

“There are many opportunities for students to participate at the state level,” said Jessica Miller. “Students can showcase their knowledge beyond the classroom which is what I enjoy. I have some students working on upcoming Career Development Events for Veterinary Science and Horse Evaluation. Year round, there are CDE to get involved in for leadership or skills purposes.”

Jordyn Miller has been involved in FFA since freshman year.

“I recommend FFA to other students because it gets you out of your comfort zone and plus you get to make the most amazing memories and the most amazing impact on your community and farmers around you town,” said Jordyn Miller.

About the Writer
Lillian Becker, Features Editor

My name is Lillian Becker.
I am a junior at GCHS.
This is my second year on staff.
I love to cheer, play soccer, and play piano.
I plan to go to Iowa...