Girls Track Picks up Three Early Wins, Looks Ahead to Mid-Season

Justin Reed, Contributor

The Glenwood Girls’ track team off to another great start to the track season, winning team titles at all three meets so far. Led by senior Janette Schraft and freshman Coryl Matheny, the Lady Rams have dominated the first few weeks.

Coming off of an impressive 2018 season in which they claimed a conference championship, the Lady Rams have high expectations

Head coach Cory Faust is excited about what his team can do as the season progresses.

“The track team this year has been a lot of fun to coach, there is a lot of talent, but the best thing about the team is the character and team work that the girls have shown, they have continued and improved upon a culture where girls care about each other and giving their best shot.” said Coach Cory Faust.

While these early victories are encouraging, Faust said his team is remaining focused and keeping their eyes forward.

“This year I believe the girls have higher expectations and they want to compete for medals and championships,” Faust said. “The mindset has and the daily habits and rituals have to be different.  I think we are making progress, but there is certainly room for improvement. It’s an exciting challenge. No matter what, this is a great group of girls who are brining a lot of pride to our school and community.”

Glenwood will host its 2019 Girls Ram Relay meet at Lewis Central tomorrow night.

About the Writer
Justin Reed, Contributor

This is Justin's first year on staff.