BPA Students Heading to Nationals

BPA Students Heading to Nationals

Sophomore Madeline Becker is one of the two heading to nationals. Senior Abigail Baker wasn't present for a photo.

Gordon Tuomikoski

Gordon Tuomikoski

Gordon Tuomikoski

Gordon Tuomikoski, Contributor

Two students from the Business Professionals of America organization, Sophomore Madeline Becker and Senior Abigail Baker, will be heading to the national competition with BPA Advisor Kathryn Johnson.

I’m super excited for nationals, and I was kinda surprised I made it,” said Becker. “I like BPA because I get to be around other people with similar interests.”

According to Baker, BPA is like FCCLA for business. They take tests and give presentations on business topics and take trips to compete in different competitions.

“I’ve been doing BPA for two years, I am the current president and our local BPA chapter started two years ago,” said Baker. “I am excited to go to California, I actually was really surprised when I got first place in my competitions.”

Baker will be competing in marketing concepts, marketing, management, and human resources, while Becker will be competing in legal office procedures and extemporaneous (unscripted) speech.

Nationals will be from April 30 to May 5 in Anaheim, California.