Season Gets Started For Girls’ Golf

Gable Thompson, Entertainment Editor

Despite the poor weather conditions The Lady Rams are finally practicing on the course.  The season started a little late due to the cold and snowy weather which forcing them to stay off the course.

“We lost a week of practice time on the course so we’re behind in terms of developing consistency and getting course experience,” said Coach Maria Jacobus.  “However, if the weather holds, we should be able to catch up over the next couple of weeks.”

Girls’ Golf is hoping to improve off of their record from last season of 6-2 in dual matches and 35-22 overall.

“I believe that the girls golf team did fairly well last season,” said senior Savannah Mellon. “Of course we each faced our own challenges, but in the end we were able to pull through as a team. One of our main goals we like to strive for every season is to remain positive. It is very easy to get in your head and tear yourself down over a shot and once you do that it can ruin your whole game.”

There are 24 girls going out for golf this year including 13 newcomers.  Jacobus expects her starting lineup to consist of seniors Ellie Brown and Savannah Mellon, juniors Kathryn Gunderson, Lexi Morris and Maci Morris and sophomore Sophie Benson.

The Lady Rams’ first meet is Tuesday, April 2 at Treynor.

About the Writer
Gable Thompson, Editor

My name is Gable "The Atomic Flounder" Thompson. This is my second year writing for the Rambler. I'm 17 years young and I spend most nights working on...