Updated Announcement from Superintendent Embray 4/1/19

Isabella Milone, News Editor

Updated announcement from Superintendent Devin Embray:

Parents and staff –

This will be a short update, but one that I would like you to share with others if possible.  I was informed that many that have frequented our restaurants prior to the flooding are not anymore.  Because of this several are looking at closing their doors and not reopening.  I wanted to put the word out that the Health Inspector is in Glenwood frequently and monitoring our restaurants as well as our school’s kitchens to ensure that proper procedures are being used to boil the water for use in food prep or cleaning.  And while I can’t vouch for the procedures being used outside of the school kitchens, the Health Inspector can. If procedures are not being followed they would not let an establishment remain open. Let’s support them if you can and feel comfortable doing so.

In addition, the well samples initial testing should be back today and the main sampling will be back hopefully by Next Tuesday.  The flow tests on the well are extremely promising. I hope to have a number for you by early next week.  Just a reminder about the Free Flood Store, it is open today at the Auxiliary gym from 10-2 and will be closed tomorrow to make the move to the GRC campus.   If you have items to donate, please contact Kori at 402-960-2465.