El Porton Voted Favorite Restaurant by Students

Isabella Milone, News Editor

The majority of the high school students and staff picked El Porton as the best restaurant in town.

A recent survey was sent out to GCHS staff and students asking a variety of questions about local restaurants, and 261 responses were recorded. Local restaurants included in the survey were Bucksnort, Tom and Tiff’s, Adriano’s Brickoven, Oriental Palace, El Porton, Subway and Pizza Hut.

El Porton topped the list for the favorite restaurant in Glenwood with 116 votes. However, Bucksnort took the lead in best atmosphere with 126 votes, followed by El Porton with 93 votes and Tom and Tiff’s with 44 votes. For the best food, there were 102 votes again for El Porton, with Bucksnort and Adriano’s Brickoven following close behind with 80 for Bucksnort and 70 votes for Adriano’s Brickoven.  

Best service also went to El Porton with 128 votes. Meanwhile, 62 voters chose Tom and Tiff’s and Bucksnort received 59 votes.

Subway topped the list for most economical pricing with 105 votes, followed by El Porton with 59 votes and Tom and Tiff’s with 43 votes. McDonald’s was a popular write in as well.

El Porton was clearly the first option chosen for the family atmosphere with 139 votes. Bucksnort received 101 votes for family friendly atmosphere, and Tom and Tiff’s followed close behind with 74 votes. Bucksnort was voted the favorite restaurant to hang out with friends with 119 votes. Following Bucksnort, El Porton came in second with 100 votes and Subway was a close second with 71. Again, McDonald’s was a popular write in.

El Porton was clearly the overall champ and favorite to the majority of the high school students and staff.