“Tuffy’s Cafe” Offering in-School Dining Experience

A meal offered last year featuring Cheesy Chicken Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Red Velvet Cake, and Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake.

Gordon Tuomikoski, Contributor

An in-school dining restaurant nicknamed “Tuffy’s Cafe” is being offered to the community in family consumer science instructor Janis Moore’s classroom on February 1 during all 3 lunches. They will be offered 9 more days throughout the semester.

“The Culinary Arts class plans, prepares and serves the meal and fills both front of the house and back of the house jobs.” said Moore.

Back house jobs include cooking and preparing while front house  typically includes serving and customer service.

A meal will cost $10, and will include an entree, 2 sides, and an optional of two desserts including cheesecake.

“Our customers include family members of the class, teachers and staff, community members and students,” said Moore. “We serve a maximum of 30 by reservation only.”

As of this time, the menu features Baked Garlic and Parmesan Chicken, Green Bean Casserole, Winter Fruit Bowl, Double-Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and Rocky-Road No Bake Cheesecake.