Student Actors Rehearse for “Legally Blonde”

The cast of

The cast of "Legally Blonde" rehearses in the High School Auditorium, featuring over fifty student actors and production crew.

Gable Thompson

Gable Thompson

Gable Thompson

Gordon Tuomikoski, Contributor

A cast of over 50 students began rehearsing for the high school’s newest production last Monday.

The play is directed by Craig Florian and Ami Peterson, who have been directing the Glenwood Middle School productions for four years, and the high school plays for two.

“We like to teach students the basics of theater,” said Florian. “Our main goals are always to educate and instill the same love of theater we have acquired over the years.”

Senior Megan McFarlin plays the lead role of Elle Woods, a rich young woman determined to win her boyfriend back by going to Harvard and impressing him.

“I was ecstatic when I found out I had received the lead role. Elle Woods is one of my dream roles so I’m really excited for this opportunity,” said McFarlin. “One of the biggest lessons and skills I learn from acting would be teamwork, because you need to learn how to work with others no matter who you have been paired with.”

The play will premiere on February 28 and March 2 at 7:00 in the GHS auditorium.