• NO SCHOOL Nov 21-23

• P/T Conferences Nov 15

• Picture Retakes Nov 8

GCSF Awards Grants to Teachers

The Yearbook team poses with Advisor Robin Hundt after receiving a Grant for cameras from the GCSF.

Provided by the Yearbook team.

Provided by the Yearbook team.

Gordon Tuomikoski, Contributor

Over $7,000 in grants are available to be handed out to Glenwood staff members each year for academic or creative purposes from the Glenwood Community School Foundation. The Glenwood Community School Foundation is an organization in the district that hands out money grants to staff members to benefit their classes and students.

High school teachers who have been awarded grants within the last year include Robin Hundt; school newspaper and yearbook advisor, who received a grant for a new camera, Corey Faust; weights instructor, football and girls track coach who will use his grant to host the leadership class which teaches valuable leadership skills to students, and Chris Visser; math and PLTW computer science class instructor. 

who is using the grant for the RamTV program teaching students valuable organization, presentation, and interview skills.

“Our teachers are very creative and have wonderful ideas to enhance learning in our classrooms. We hope that teachers will continue to apply in the future,” said Tiffany Harger, Vice President of the foundation.

The Glenwood Community School Foundation was created in 2014 and their mission statement states; “The mission of the Glenwood Community School Foundation is to provide support to students, staff and the community in ways that contribute to their ability to excel in academic progress and enrichment activities.”

About the Writer
Gordon Tuomikoski, Contributor

What's up, I'm Gordon Tuomikoski. I'm 15, a Sophomore, and this is my first year on staff. Outside of school I love playing with synthesizers and making...