The November Movie Brief

Gable Thompson, Entertainment Editor

November is finally here! After a month of spooky scares, it’s time to relax and enjoy the crisp November air and what better way to do so than by going inside the comfort of a theater and watching one of the eleven new movies coming out this month. This will be a new monthly feature article appearing on the Rambler every month. Without further ado, here is a brief rundown on each movie coming out this month.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Fans of the band, Queen, should be ecstatic for Bohemian Rhapsody. Directed by Bryan Singer, Bohemian Rhapsody is the story about the legendary musician, Freddie Mercury, and how he started his band, Queen. Bohemian Rhapsody makes its U.S. Debut on November 2 and stars Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

For people looking for a little magic, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is a new live-action movie that will hit theaters November 2. Directed by Joe Johnston, Lasse Hallstrom and produced by Walt Disney Pictures, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms stars Mackenzie Foy, Keira Knightley, and Morgan Freeman, and is the story of a young girl named Clara who must travel to a strange, new world, full of magic and talking animals in search of special key to unlock a box containing a priceless gift.

Boy Erased

Directed by Joel Edgerton, Boy Erased tells the heart wrenching story of Jared, the son of a baptist pastor, who gets outed at the age of nineteen and is given the choice of either attending a gay conversion therapy session or being exiled by his family and community. This movie was a participating film in the OUTshine Film Festival but is will make its way to theaters on November 2.

The Grinch

For people ready to get into the Christmas Spirit a little early, The Grinch slithers into theaters on November 9. Directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier, The Grinch is a retelling of Dr. Seuss’s famous Christmas story about a creature known the Grinch, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, who lives with his dog, Max, in a cave above the town of Whoville. The Grinch wants to put an end to the Whos’ annoying Christmas celebration by stealing Christmas.

The Girl in the Spider’s Web

The Girl in the Spider’s Web is the fourth live-action installment in The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series and hits theaters November 9. Directed by Fede Alvarez, The Girl in the Spider’s Web stars Claire Foy as Lisbeth Salander, an expert hacker recruited by a former NSA agent to steal a program capable of accessing the nuclear codes of any nation.

Outlaw King

New to Netflix on November 9, The Outlaw King is a new original movie directed by David Mackenzie that tells the story of Robert the Bruce, portrayed by Chris Pine, who must lead a band of outlaws to take back his scottish throne from the English.

Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald

Anyone who loves Harry Potter will definitely want to check out  Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald on November 16. Directed by David Yates and written by J.K. Rowling, Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald is the sequel to the Harry Potter spinoff, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Albus Dumbledore, portrayed by Jude Law, enlists the help of his former student, Newt Scamander, to stop the evil wizard Gellert Grindelwald, portrayed by Johnny Depp, from using his army of wizards to rule over the muggle world.

Widows

Anyone looking for a good crime thriller should take a look at Widows when it breaks into theaters on November 16. Widows was directed by Steve McQueen and based on the book by Lynda La Plante. After the deaths of their husbands, Veronica, Linda, Alice and Belle have to pull off a heist to pay off the debts their husbands owed to a crime boss. Widows stars Viola Davis and Liam Neeson.

Creed II

Any fans of the Rocky movies starring Sylvester Stallone, will not want to miss Creed II when it enters cinemas on November 21. Directed by Steven Caple Jr., Creed II is the sequel to Creed and takes place after the events of Rocky IV. Adonis Creed, son of Apollo Creed, is challenged by Vitor Drago, the son of the man who killed Apollo’s father. With the help of his trainer, Rocky Balboa, Apollo must train in order to stand up to his father’s legacy. Creed II stars Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa and Michael B. Jordan as Apollo Creed.

Robin Hood

Directed by Otto Bathurst, Robin Hood is the dramatic retelling of the famous Robin Hood fairytale and will enter theaters on November 21. Robin Hood, played Taron Egerton, along with his mentor, played by Jamie Foxx, are organizing a revolution against the King of England and his infamous Sheriff of Nottingham.

Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Coming into theaters on November 21 is Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet. In this new installment Ralph, played by John C. Reilly, and Vanellope Von Schweetz, played by Sarah Silverman, must leave the world of arcade machine and journey to the Internet. Directed by Rich Moore and Phil Johnston, Ralph Breaks the Internet is a fun, new adventure from the makers of Wreck-It Ralph.

Those are the eleven movies coming to theaters in November. What movies are you going to see this month? Which of these movies sound the best to you? Leave your answer in a comment down below.

Movie descriptions and other background information about these movies was retrieved from google movie summaries.