Boys’ Swimming with Big Goals as Postseason Inches Closer

Isabella Milone, Contributor

The boys swimming season has had a solid season so far. With only two losses the entire year, many feel their training is going well. “I personally believe my training paying off. I’ve cut quite a bit of time just this year,” said Junior Kamron Alexander.

The two biggest meets of the season are rapidly approaching, and there are going to be some tough teams to defeat.

“I believe that the toughest team to beat at Districts or State is going to be the Johnston Dragons,” said senior Thomas Graham. “They know how to compete and get the job done.”

At the District meet, swimmers have to compete and perform their very best because only the top 16 swimmers advance onto State.

“It’s a very competitive and stressful meet,” says Alexander. “Many swimmers crack under pressure.”

Junior Mason Parks has big hopes for the State meet.

“I hope to qualify and get top 10 in the 200 freestyle and the 100 freestyle at the State meet in February.”

Parks has been to the State meet twice before, once as a competitor when he was a sophomore, and the other as an alternate as a freshman.

The Titans picked up a big win at the Ralston invitational Saturday January 13. The boys ended up winning the meet by 40 points, with a total of 243 points. The second place team was Ralston with 203 points. This meet included 9 other teams, with LC dominating the meet.